Why Green Home Energy Solutions Are So Important
Green energy can come from wind, water, or solar power. It’s a renewable source of energy that is easy and safe on the environment, as well as on your health, too. So why switch to green energy when electricity and fuel are so conveniently accessible? Here are 11 reasons why we simply have to go down the route of green energy options:
1. Oil Prices are To The Roof – Oil prices are only getting higher and higher – which leave your expenses at the mercy of the world’s top oil producers that just raise prices whenever they please. Save yourself the financial worries of your energy bills by having solar panels installed in your home or even office.
2. Oil is In Limited Supply – Oil is not easily accessible – that’s why the world’s top producers have the freedom to dictate prices that put a dent on the ordinary individual’s wallet. And when smaller and smaller of oil supply is available, it causes oil prices to skyrocket – making you sacrifice basic commodities. Green energy is renewable – which means it won’t get depleted, making it highly accessible.
3. Oil Spills are Toxic – Countries all over the world scamper to find oil on their land. When oil drills occur in the ocean, or when it’s being transported from one continent to the other, accidents that cause oil spills cause severe damage to the marine ecosystem. It also affects the livelihood of fishermen and those who depend on the ocean for income. By using less oil, you are contributing to the preservation of marine life and contributing to the maintenance of people’s livelihood in coastal areas.
4. Fossil Fuels are Running Out – When coal, oil, or gas will be in low supply, guess what will happen? That’s right, ridiculously high prices of energy. By using green energy, you are preparing and saving yourself from the consequences of impossible costs of electricity and fuel.
5. Reduce Electric Bills – That’s right – with solar panels, you can use the energy produced on your electricity. In fact, some governments even give subsidies to households that use solar energy. Financial incentives are often given for those who use their own solar energy to fuel their homes. And when you have surplus of energy, some governments will even buy the energy from you. You can check with your local department of energy for more information on possible subsidies for those who produce their own green energy.
6. Reduce Your Greenhouse Gas Contribution – Greenhouse gas in the form of carbon dioxide results from your use of gas-fuelled vehicles and from using home appliances. Carbon dioxide and other gases produced by vehicles and factories contribute to global warming, which result to climate change. Climate change results to unusual storms, weather disruptions, and other natural calamities. Help preserve the earth’s atmosphere by choosing to ride a bike instead of driving a car, walk to work if you live nearby, or even basic recycling can reduce your carbon footprint.
7. Increase Green Energy Investments – If more and more people use types of green energy, more investments will be made, making it easier and more affordable to avail. The current costs of an initial solar panel installation is quite expensive. For those who want to use green home energy but don’t have the money to have solar panels or other means of acquiring it, they really don’t have a choice. If more and more people do purchase the technology for sustainable energy, then installation costs will go down due to market competition.
8. Green Energy is Sustainable – Green energy is available and replenished everyday – this means that using it will give you an unlimited supply of energy, even for the rest of your life and your children’s. The sun comes up everyday and hydropower works 24/7 – which gives you security that you won’t ever run out of energy.
9. Green Energy Creates Industries – Solar installation companies are still few today – by using green home energy solutions, you are helping to create new industries that will also practice greener ways of operating.
10. Gives You Energy Security – When electricity will become so expensive in the future, having green energy options at your disposal will give you the financial security that you need. While initial investments may be high for having the tools to attain green energy, you won’t have to pay a dime for your energy source ever again.
11. Help Reduce Greed and Conflict Between Nations – Oil is a very powerful and dangerous resource that causes conflicts between countries. Those who have it exercise their power over countries that don’t have oil, while those who don’t have it find excuses to invade or manipulate producers by selfish tactics. When less oil is needed by the world, less conflict will hopefully occur.
Green home energy solutions may be tasking and expensive to invest in at first, but once you start using it, you’ll be safe and secure for the rest of your life. And on top of that, you will also be making the world a safer and healthier place to live in.