Organising one of the most significant milestones of your life is not a cakewalk. Tying the knot is a very big decision and realizing your dream wedding happens to be a heck of a task.
As any wedding planner or would-be-bride would suggest, there are a lot of things to introspect and handle in this case, starting from the looming deadlines, never-ending queue of decisions, budget planning, and an endless to-do-list – being your own wedding coordinator is not a simple feat to achieve.
Even the most motivated and organized brides can find themselves in adverse situations because of the tremendous pressure and the chaos that the wedding planning calls for. So if you are not appointing a professional wedding planner there are quite few things that you have to take care of.
First and foremost, you should have a strategy in place so that all your big decisions do not get reserved until the last minute. No matter where you set the venue, but it is the way how you want to say “I do” to your would-be-husband that matters the most. Do you visualize it in an elegant ballroom, on the beach or on top of the mountain? Coming to this decision makes things a lot easier.
So from arriving at the primary decisions, managing the vendors to getting your bridal party involved in everything, here are some of the expert tips for you to plan the wedding of your dreams all by yourself.
- Try to Prioritise in Every Case – Throughout the planning process, you have to keep doing this. You will face many challenges and compromises that you may have to undertake. Be prepared for it. When you are confused try to prioritize the job. Pay attention and get the more vital things sorted first and then move to the next one.
- Talk to Your Married Friends –Talk to your recently married friends and ask for tips. They have very enriched first-hand experience and this way you will not only feel a bit relieved but you will also get to know what they did right and what they wished they had not missed.
- Make the Big Decisions – After that, start to arrive at and finalize the big decisions. It is always better to get the nitty-gritty details done. So this is the time that you both should decide what you want your dream wedding to be like. Decide on something that seems real and doable for both of you.
- Plan Up the Budget – Prior to diving into the subtle details, it is important to decide how much you are willing to invest for this occasion. You should plan up the maximum amount that you can spend on the vendors and stick to it during the entire process.
- Categorize and Organize the Work – Now that you are quite clear about the big picture you can concentrate on the minute details. So the first thing that you need to do is to make certain the main categories that must be attended for planning a successful wedding.The major categories should involve heads like the bride, groom, wedding party, stationary, guests, menu, décor, venue, entertainment, parents, bakery etc. After this, create the sub-categories under the major heads. For example, under the first category, you can add sub-heads like dress, clutch, shoes, facial, manicure, pedicure, headgear, bouquet and so on. After all this is done, choose the wedding date and make sure that it does not coincide with any political or social functions. This way you would also know about the area that you should pick depending on how it remain in the season of your wedding.
- Make the Final Draft of the Guest List and Involve the Bridal Party – Apart from doing everything as mentioned in the previous point, this is the time you should make the final draft of the guest list after you and your fiancée have agreed upon and start sending out the “Save-the-Date cards”. By now you have already understood how big a task this is. So involve your close ones as much as possible so that you have time to breathe. Let your family and friends know that you will want them from the start of the wedding and try to delegate the responsibilities to the people who are passionate about the particular field.
- Get in the Field and Follow Up – Now is the time for some real-time action. Keep your priorities in mind and then hit the ground. You family and friends are always all around but you have to understand that there will be times when you are pulled in many directions. Stay calm and composed and divide the responsibility between you and your fiancée. Go for sampling, reviewing, testing for everything. This is also the time to send the wedding cards and chase RSVPs and complete your final guest list. Not only this, you will also have to follow up with your wedding vendors as they have a tendency to forget things in their busy schedule. So ask your entourage as well as involve yourself in following up with all the contracts.
- Take Some Time Off – Don’t be so involved in your planning that you have no time to yourself. Take a day off to breathe and then start afresh. You can afford that without a doubt.
The above are some of the things that you need to keep in mind if you are planning your own wedding. If you think these tasks are too overwhelming and you just want to enjoy the wedding without the stress then it is best that you appoint a professional and reputed event management agency who will take away all these responsibilities and perform them with élan with their expertise as you sit back, relax and enjoy your big day.